Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Forum!
I was just thinking about this the other day.  How long has it been since you had the forum working?  Is it an extra cost?  Anywho, good luck with the plan!
(02-06-2022, 02:24 PM)coolfantasyname Wrote: I was just thinking about this the other day.  How long has it been since you had the forum working?  Is it an extra cost?  Anywho, good luck with the plan!

Hi,

Nah, there's no other cost for me to add this new forum. I could had a hundred new forums, and it wouldn't cost me anything extra. There's the webhosting fee that I pay once a year, and there's the domain name registration for the grimfinger.net domain name that I pay for each year. The web hosting plan provides for a certain amount of disk space and bandwidth, but I can always increase that, if need be, for a few more bucks per year.

I went into my e-mail, just now, and it appears that the forum software was installed on 2/2/2022 at 1:19 PM. So, four days ago.

Know that I do appreciate you taking time out to visit - and also to register. The site isn't intended as a replacement of any sort for The Road of Kings forum. What I post on there, though, Internet search engine bots can't find, because it requires registration to access the forum there. That makes it harder for outsiders to stumble upon specific items that might interest them, thereby letting curiosity kill the cat, so to speak, and getting the best of them.

Also, there's a number of items that are posted both there and here. That said, a lot of the most useful info on The Road of Kings is effectively buried to a newcomer. Gradually and over time, I hope to build up a repository of some of what I consider to be the more useful information about the game of Hyborian War, especially with an eye to newcomers to the game. Here, outsiders can just browse at their leisure, if they are apprehensive about registering,. or if they just want to do a quick in-and-out browsing of certain select pieces of information.
Okey dokey, I'll keep most my musings to the ROK. I seem to remember you used to have a forum a long time ago, that's what I meant.

Happy archiving!